Head Teacher Advert December 2018
Durants Special School requires a Head Teacher for September 2019.
Durants is a secondary special school catering for pupils with severe autism. Durants is a good school (Ofsted 2018). Please see website for further information about the school.
The successful candidate will have significant experience of teaching at a senior level in a special school and will have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of complex and severe autism in children and young people.
Candidates will have an NPQH qualification or be willing to undertake it.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide inspirational, supportive and effective leadership for staff and pupils, through a period of significant change whilst providing continuity and stability.
- Ensure that the needs of pupils with severe autism are met to a high standard by providing an autism friendly environment.
- Ensure that the curriculum is designed to meet individual needs and prepares pupils for adulthood through high quality teaching.
- Manage a school budget that provides a safe, stable environment for pupils and staff
- Work with governors and stakeholders to achieve a shared vision and positive outcomes for the future of the school.
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please Telephone Mr Peter De Rosa, Head Teacher to make an appointment on 0208 804 1980 before 18th December. More information about the post and an application form can be found on the school website www. durants.enfield.sch.uk
Closing Date: 6th January 2019.
CV’s will not be accepted. Applications should be made online to email@example.com
Durants school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and good references.