Travel and concessions
Blue Badge scheme
The blue badge scheme is run by Enfield council (or your local council), making parking easier for disabled people. You must be in receipt of the higher rate disability living allowance.
To see if you are eligible to apply for a blue badge please Click here
Disabled Persons Railcard
If you have a disability, you may be able to buy a Disabled Persons Railcard. This generally allows one-third discount on many rail fares and one adult person may accompany you on each journey at the same discounted price. For more information or to fill in an application form please visit, www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.uk
The freedom pass allows free travel for disabled people on a bus, underground and rail services in Greater London. The pass can now be used 24 hours a day on all Transport for London services and on National Rail from 9.30am. You will need to fill in an application form and supply two passport size photographs along with proof of residence and age. You can collect an application form from your local post office or visit www.freedompass.org
London Taxicard Scheme
How to apply?
London Taxicard is a scheme that provides subsidised door-to-door transport for people who have serious mobility impairment and difficulty in using public transport. Taxicard holders make journeys in licensed taxis and private hire vehicles and a subsidy applies directly to each trip.
You can apply for membership of the scheme if you are a resident of Enfield.
The Concessionary Travel Team aim to advise the status of an statusof an application within two working days. Please note if your application is mobility assessed this may take between 4-6 weeks to process
You will automatically qualify for the London Taxicard Scheme if you are:
- In receipt of the higher rate mobility supplement of Disability Living Allowance.
- In receipt of a war pension mobility supplement.
- Registered as blind (not partially sighted).
- Have been both awarded a lump sum benefit at tariffs 1 - 8 of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.
People who are over two years old may also be eligible for a London Taxicard if they:
- Have a permanent and substantial disability resulting in serious mobility impairment, which means they cannot walk or they find walking very difficult.
People with behavioral or psychological disorder usually do not qualify unless their impairment causes considerable walking difficulties all the time.
Your mobility may need to be assessed by a medical professional, such as an occupational therapist.
If you wish to apply for a LondonTaxicard please Click here